OCCAOnline Rules of the Court of Criminal Appeals
(Updated 5/21/2003 in accordance with 2003 OK CR 9)
(Updated 1/31/2008 in accordance with 2008 OK CR 5)
Rule 7.5 Petition in Error; Time for Filing; Contents; Brief
A. Petition in Error.A petition in error shall be filed within sixty (60) days from the date of the order of the District Court to invoke the jurisdiction of this Court.
B. Contents of Petition. The appellant's petition in error must contain the following information:
(1) The type of appeal and authority for such appeal;
(2) The case number and the court from which the appeal is lodged;
(3) The offense(s) upon which the final order is premised;
(4) The date on which the court order was entered and the name of the judge;
(5) Whether or not the person has been admitted to bail, is under probation or is satisfying the court order;
(6) The nature of the relief being sought; and
(7) A certified copy of the final order appealed shall be attached to the Petition in Error.
C. Brief. An Application for Accelerated Docket shall be filed with the petition in error. See Section XI. The Application for Accelerated Docket shall be served on the adverse party within five (5) days from the date on which the brief or application is filed, and the appellant's brief must contain a certificate of service. See Rules 1.9(B) and 3.4(A). See form 13.14.
D. Response Brief. The Response Brief shall be filed within twenty (20) days from the date the appellant's brief is filed. See Form 13.15.
E. Use of Juvenile's Initials. The parties and this Court shall identify the person by his/her initials in order to protect anonymity.
Return to OCCA Online
| Service provided by the IS department of the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals
Email our webmaster with any of your comments or suggestions.