The Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals is the highest court in the State of Oklahoma with appellate jurisdiction in criminal cases. It is the state court of last resort in criminal matters. The Court derives its origin and jurisdiction from the state constitution, which was formulated by the constitutional convention and submitted to and adopted by the people of Oklahoma at the first election, held on September 17, 1907.
- Oral Argument – Covid Regulations 06/22/20 - For hearings before the Court, all participants entering the Judicial Center must wear a mask at all times. Social distancing of six feet for persons not in the same party/family will be required in the courtroom. All Oral Arguments before the Court will be streamed live to the public. The live-stream link will be provided on www.okcca.net… More
- Uniform Jury Instructions 12/20/19 - This court has issued a new order, effective December 20, 2019, updating the Uniform Jury Instructions. Please see 2019 OK CR 28 and Attachment with noted changes. Updated Jury Instructions will be found on the OCCA website under the dropdown navigation for Court Resources > Jury Instructions More
- 2020 OBA Ada Lois Sipuel Fisher Diversity Award 10/21/20 - Presiding Judge David Lewis is a recipient of the 2020 OBA Ada Lois Sipuel Fisher Diversity Award. Presiding Judge Lewis is honored for his mentoring of minority law students. He will be honored at a virtual ceremony on November 12th. Congratulations, Judge. The ceremony is set for Thursday, Nov. 12, at 5:30 p.m. During the… More
- COVID-19: SCAD NO. 2020-36 04/30/20 - PDF SCAD 2020-36 - 04/29/2020 This order modifies the First and Second Joint Emergency Orders (SCAD Nos. 2020-24 & 2020-29) from the Supreme Court and the Court of Criminal Appeals.This order is intended to assist judges and court clerks in all 77 counties with transitioning from shelter in place directives. Local practices should continue to… More
- COVID-19: SCAD NO. 2020-29 04/27/20 - PDF SCAD 2020-29 - 03/25/2020 The First Emergency Joint Order entered on March 16, 2020 remains in effect except as it is modified herein. To the extent the Joint Emergency Orders conflict with local practices, the First and Second Emergency Joint Orders control.On March 24, 2020, Governor J. Kevin Stitt issued the Fourth Amended Executive… More
- COVID-19: SCAD NO. 2020-24 04/27/20 - PDF SCAD 2020-24 - 03/16/2020 Governor J. Kevin Stitt issued Executive Order 2020-07 on March 15, 2020, declaring an emergency in all 77 Oklahoma Counties caused by the impending threat of COVID-19 to the people of the state. This joint order is issued to clarify the procedures to be followed in all Oklahoma district courts… More